Our Terms & Conditions
Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy anything from us and check that they contain everything which you want and nothing that you are not willing to agree to.
Summary of some of your key rights:
We will be providing you with the works to your home and, where necessary, the items to be installed as part of these works.
You have different rights in relation to the work required to your home and the items to be installed and these are detailed in these terms and conditions. In this document the items to be provided to you are generally called goods and the works to your home are generally called services.
A summary of your rights relating to the works to your home
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that in most cases, you can cancel within 14 days. If you agree that the services will start within this time, you may be charged for what we’ve provided to you.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
- you can ask us to repeat or fix the services if they are not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can’t fix it;
- if a price hasn’t been agreed upfront, what you’re asked to pay must be reasonable;
- if a time hasn’t been agreed upfront, the services must be carried out within a reasonable time.
A summary of your rights relating to the items supplied by us
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that up to 14 days after receiving your goods you may be able to change your mind and get a full refund.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product you’re entitled to the following:
- up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, you can get a refund;
- up to six months: if it can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund in most cases;
- up to six years: if the goods do not last a reasonable length of time, you may be entitled to some money back.
This is a summary of some of your key rights. For detailed information from Citizens Advice please visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The information in this summary box summarises some of your key rights. It is not intended to replace the contract below, which you should read carefully.
This contract sets out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities;
- our legal rights and responsibilities; and
- certain key information required by law.
This contract is used for when you and we enter into a contract in your home.
In this contract:
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Inspect (Wales) Ltd trading as Adaptmyhome; and
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person buying goods and services from us.
If you don’t understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please speak with our representative or contact us by:
- email email@example.com (responded to Monday to Friday: 9 am to 5 pm); or
- telephone 029 20 611 277 (calls should be answered Monday to Friday: 9 am to 5 pm). If you have a hearing or speech impediment you can contact us by text message on 07422 664 836.
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this contract in another format (for example: audio, large print etc.) please contact us using the contact details at the top of this contract.
Who are we?
We are Inspect (Wales) Ltd trading as Adaptmyhome, a company registered in England and Wales under company number: 05338309.
Our registered office is at: 160 Heol Llanishen Road, Rhiwbina, Cardiff CF14 6RG.
Our VAT number is: 701 1966 61.
We are registered in the following trade registers:
- Gas Safe register under registration number: 175759. For more details of what this means for you, visit www.gassaferegister.co.uk;
- NICEIC register under registration number: 032568. For more details of what this means for you, visit www.niceic.com;
- Water Safe register (via a water industry approved plumber) under registration number: C1631. For more details of what this means for you, visit www.watersafe.org.uk;
- CIPHE register under registration number: 069964. For more details of what this means for you, visit www.ciphe.org.uk.
- Information we give you
- Your privacy and personal information
- Ordering goods and services from us
- Carrying out of the goods and services
- What you need to do
- Where you are not the end user of the works
- Information you provide to us
- Change of Work
- Charges and payment
- Late payment of advance or ‘interim’ payments
- Grant funding
- Right to cancel
- Effects of cancellation
- Nature of the services
- Faulty services
- Nature of the goods
- Faulty goods
- End of the contract
- Limit on our responsibility to you
- Damage to your home
- Confidential information
Third party rights
Appendix 1 Model cancellation form
Appendix 2 Request form for goods and services to be provided during the cancellation period
Appendix 3 Model Contract Acceptance form