Unrivalled Five-Year Workmanship Warranty
As a consumer, you want the peace of mind that comes with knowing your home is in good hands. At Adaptmyhome, we’re so confident in our ability to provide our customers with first-class service; we offer a five-year workmanship warranty at no extra charge! That’s for every service we offer – from installing a grab rail to a complete house renovation! However, even a company as good as Adaptmyhome can sometimes make mistakes – after all, we’re human too – and, in the unlikely event of that happening, Adaptmyhome customers have the peace of mind of five-year workmanship cover.
What is a Workmanship Warranty, and Why is It Important?
A workmanship warranty acts as a safeguard for homeowners who want reassurance that if anything goes wrong with our workmanship, following major or minor works being carried out, the issue will be remedied. While having a workmanship warranty can be invaluable, some warranties can be misleading, with most companies only offering a workmanship warranty period of only one year. It is important to know what your warranty covers; that’s why we have published our warranty for you to review – Scroll down to see our warranty in full.
From start to finish, we want to guarantee that you and your home will be in safe hands.
The Adaptmyhome Workmanship Warranty
1. This warranty applies to workmanship relating to goods supplied and installed by Adaptmyhome in residential dwellings only.
2. We warrant that the goods you purchase from us will be installed professionally by appropriately qualified and trained personnel. Adaptmyhome personnel will use a level of care and skill that is reasonable for you to expect.
3. The warranty period for installation services shall be five years from the date we specify as the installation completion date.
4. You will promptly provide all information and support, including access to property and services, that are reasonably necessary to enable us to evaluate any alleged defect and to perform our obligations under this warranty.
5. You will ensure that all premises, plant, power, fuel support services, and other inputs you provide for the installation and use of the goods are reasonable, are fit for purpose, and will be properly used and provided.
6. If your claim is deemed valid, under our terms and conditions, we may choose one of the following options:
- a. arrange for corrective work to be carried out by us or one of our approved installers; or,
- b. arrange for relevant products or goods to be reinstalled by us or one of our approved installers; or,
- c. provide a reasonable, proportionate refund to you.
7. This warranty will only apply:
- a. if we have installed the goods or products and they have been properly used and maintained throughout the warranty period;
- b. if an Adaptmyhome approved engineer has carried out annual checks; and
- c. if you have informed us of the alleged defect within a reasonable discovery period and during the warranty period.
- d. if you are a domestic consumer.
- e. to work carried out in dwellings.
8. The warranty does not cover:
- a. service and maintenance of any installations or parts of them;
- b. any inherent or design defects in any installations or parts of them or any defects in any installations or parts of them caused by the manufacturer, see section 11;
- c. (to the extent permitted by law) liability to any third party for death or injury;
- d. liability for damage to the property of the Warranty-holder or any third party;
- e. any consequential loss or damage or expense, including any economic loss or damage or loss of profit;
- f. any defect, matter or damage caused by a third party or occurring in consequence of any work done or modification by a third party;
- g. damage caused by general wear and tear over time or damage caused by weather and natural events;
- h. small Category 0, Category 1 and Category 2 cracks (as defined by BRE Digest 251) to walls, floors or ceilings. Cracks to walls, floors or ceilings caused by settlement or thermal movement, or cracks in walls, floors or ceilings that can be regarded as aesthetic issues;
- i. any costs or losses of any kind caused by the clean-up, removal, treatment or replenishment of any oil, water or other material which spills or leaks as a consequence of any defective workmanship;
- j. any loss or damage arising from or caused by the state or condition of any pre-existing installation or infrastructure; or
- k. the cost of any upgrade to or over and above the work which Adaptmyhome has been contracted to carry out.
9. Where we have installed a system in a property sold within the warranty period, the warranty can only be transferred to the new legal owner within the first twelve months of the warranty start date, and the transferred warranty shall only last for twelve months. The warranty may not be transferred to or exercised by any third party.
10. This warranty does not affect any statutory right (if applicable) concerning any failure on our part to carry out our obligations to you (for example, to provide services with reasonable care and skill) that you may have if you are a consumer.
11. Most goods we supply come with the benefit of a manufacturer’s product warranty or guarantee (the manufacturer will determine warranty and guarantee conditions and timescales). Please note – Failure by you to follow and complete a manufacturer product registration process may invalidate any goods or product warranties and guarantees. Where a claim in respect of any of the goods is notified to us by you under our terms and conditions, we will assist you by:
- a. liaising with the manufacturer and using all reasonable efforts to secure a replacement of the product (or the part in question), and
- b. replacing any component that is agreed to be replaced under such a product warranty or guarantee. In that instance, Adaptmyhome reserves the right to make a reasonable charge for labour and access (e.g. scaffolding) involved in such replacement.
12. This warranty does not replace or limit your legal rights to bring a claim against us as the retailer of the goods supplied.
13. Warranty claims must be made in writing. You can contact us by one of the following:
Inspect (Wales) Ltd Trading as Adaptmyhome
160 Heol Llanishen Fach
By completing the claim form below.
Fill in the form below in as much detail as possible and we’ll be in touch.
Please note: Only one claim per submission will be processed.